Tuesday, July 26, 2011

And The Beat Goes On....

"Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before," Phillipians 3:13

It's been a while since I blogged anything. I have actually had a lot to say however I have not had the time. Tonight I said "Why not?" *I'm actually yawning at the moment so I will rush through this* :")

I was speaking with someone who is divorced and has been for quite some time. Her ex-husband still has deep feelings for her and honestly would like to remain in her life. Although they are divorced, they speak regularly (almost daily) and he regularly finds a reason to visit her house. She says she does not have feelings for him and she just talks to him.

Anyone who knows me intimately knows that I can be brutally honest at times. I was with her. I flat out asked "Why is he still hanging around? You all have been over for years!" Her reply was "He won't stop coming around until I get a new man."

This is not healthy. God cannot bless you with something new if you are still holding on to the old. You don't have room to receive! Your "hands" are already full, so you can't grasp hold of the newness coming your way. You cannot effectively move forward if you are still looking backward. You can say that you are "waiting on God" or what have you, but true faith is backed up with action (or quite frankly "Faith without works is dead! James 2:17")

If you really believe that God will bless you with something new, SHOW HIM! I challenge you to clean house. Clear your life of everything negative from your past. Cut off old relationships. If it's over, LET IT BE OVER! Let go of the old in anticipation of the new. Do whatever it takes. As much as you want God to bless you, go just that much harder in proving to Him that you are ready.

The past is done. Let go!

No comments:

Post a Comment